In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
In Other Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 Empty
Latest topics
» Die Rolling, HOW to
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 7:17 am by Narrator

» The City; Game discussion
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Gear
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» vacation
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm by Gavin Harrison

Most active topic starters
Narrator
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_vote_rcap 
Red Samaritan
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 20 I_vote_rcap 
Tigerwasp

Doubts and Discoveries

+3
Galatea
Southern Cross
Narrator
7 posters

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 Empty Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Doctor Chronos Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:35 pm

Doc nodded to Armor and said, "Good to know... and Time is something I can supply in spades. Keep in mind is silver is going to be seriously banned and probably detectable. Whatever you make we'll need to hide. How are you at weapon smithing?"

To TigerWasp Doc said, "We have got two issues. The first is the Earth has been conquered by these shapeshifters. That they're currently less repressive doesn't change that they still are. The second, perhaps connected issue, is this whole Paradox thing."

"For us, this sounds like the disadvantages of prophecy. You know something bad is going to happen, so you act to prevent it, and in doing so create it. Clearly there are people trying to keep us outside the system... but that doesn't answer what the bad things are that they've predicted and we're supposed to stop."

Joe interrupted, "Ahem. Since we're in this guy's office, maybe we should search it and see what we can see?"

Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 13/5/15
Demeanor: Paragon
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:56 am

"Hang on. Didn't he say that they were here first? If that's the case, aren't the humans therefore the invaders? I just need to be clear in my mind what's going on and why - that would be useful too."

She rose gracefully out of her chair, but even so her movements caused the dress to slide down again. Her only response, was a sigh.

"I can help with the searching, but it will likely be topless. This dress has given up I fear." She once again pulled the top of her dress higher, but it now seemed more reluctant than ever to stay where it was intended. Giving up she moved around the far side of the desk and bent to check the drawers. True to her prophetic words, her abundant breasts spilled from the now losse top. Lucy carried on looking despite this. It wasn't as if this was the first time such things had happened to her.

Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 21/5/5
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:00 am

Armor moves to assist Tigerwasp with the search. {OOC: roll for Clue Analysis.} While doing so, he replies to Doc: "I'm not bad at weaponsmithing, and not too bad at camouflage tactics either. As for the rest -- what exactly made you say 'PARADOX' just then?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:31 am

Doc and Joe started searching... although Lucy noticed Joe searched so he could observe her as well. More on task, Doc searched so that he couldn't.

Doc replied, "Truth said something about madness created by paradox coming from reality... but stemming from the wolves actions. Heller had access to their files, I wanted to know if they knew. What we've learned is this isn't just Truth making this claim."

"More importantly, I don't think their definition of Paradox matches ours. They seem to be saying something along the line of 'things out of tune with reality', and I'm not sure if that's because of how the wolves are treating the humans or because of them misusing their powers."

Joe answered Lucy, "The humans don't have a recorded history, so that claim comes from the wolves. Consider how close this timeline is to yours and consider how self serving that claim is. I don't believe it, and even if it's true, it doesn't justify much."

Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:32 am

{OOC Forgot to roll, Joe is second in case he gets a negative.}

Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:32 am

The member 'Doctor Chronos' has done the following action : Die Roll

#1 '2D10' : 3

--------------------------------

#2 '2D10' : 5
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:52 am

Hellers Office is largely a mess of papers listing irrelevant data on some basic cases hes done from divorce investigation to traffic cases. Nothing really stands out at all as pertinent to what any of you are looking for. His computer is still logged on, and into a camera network showing he is still logged in to the Council hard-line. There are securities in place but they have all been bypassed; he left them on obviously so you could look around. Unfortunately, being in the middle of a time bubble the only thing you can access right now is his local hard drive. That in itself has some interesting data.

IN a secure filed, Heller has listed all of his mens personal information; next of kin, medical state, job capabilities and specialties, as well as a few files on several supers. his men are listed as being specialized in things like "totem identification and removal", "Spirit anchoring", "Spirit summoning and banishment", "Identifying true-forms", "Disenchantment", and "Sideways tracking." All members are listed as having been trained at someplace called the Ivory Tower. A moderate level of intelligence tell you they were all magi.

The details on the supers he has list several names.

Black Canary- insertion potential-pending stealth, hand2hand
Metamorpho- invalid
Makara- Cairn removal-active damage absorbtion, strength, frontline
Sophea Rosseau- technicals, resources, influence.many connections, secretive. -pending
Power Girl- invalid
Caestus Pax- invalid
Helena Bertinlli- target acquisition. hand2hand, will not hesitate, loyal to cause.-active
Faust- invalid, avoid enemy to cause, hedge mage.
Galatea Girl- tracking, reprogramming Master Telepath, psychokinetic, travel, intelligent, resources.-pending
Dreamslayer- cairn removal-pending mental manipulation, cause death in sleep state, note: has warrant for arrest in NA and EU.
Malis- ruthless and will not hesitate, follows Teras. Teleportation, strength, weather,
location pending

His hard drive also has a file with 4 other safe houses; 1 more in detroit, 1 in Los Angeles, 1 in New York and 1 in Texas. Nothing of note can really be had without network access out fo the time bubble.

Last edited by Narrator on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Lucy stopped searching and considered Joe's words. She really hadn't considered that what she'd been told might be naught save propoganda. She still had sympathy for the shifters, but was rapidly losing that sense of empathy for the ruling wolfen element of the council. She decided that in the same way that there were good and bad humans, there were most likely good and bad shifters. She was coming to the conclusion that the ruling council, were of the bad kind.

Lucy pulled her top back up again and held it in place with her left hand. She then squatted down to look under the table.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:11 pm

The member 'Tigerwasp' has done the following action : Die Roll

'2D10' : 4
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:52 am

Doc asked, "Is everyone ready for a time in?"

{OOC: Doc will hold off ending the timestop if anyone says they're not done, otherwise he'll let normal time resume and we'll see what we can get to online.}
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:27 pm

"I am" Southern Cross replied."Let's see what we can find online".

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Southern Cross wrote:"I am" Southern Cross replied."Let's see what we can find online".

"Sounds like a plan," says Armor.

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:31 am

Lucy shrugged indicating her acceptance of the proposition. It wasn't the best plan considering her dress' desire to misbehave, but her left hand succeeded in preventing the garment in slipping much further.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:12 pm

I hate posting Out of character details here as we have a full forum to post OOC stuff in, but I must ask those that do not, to please use the main forum pageHere as their bookmark. That way I do not need to post annouoncements here. You will also see the character sheet section where I like to post secret messages there between the player and I only.

my apologies for delay in post, I moved my desk around and broke my cable modem...

Once the time is let loose to normal by Chronos, the computer is able to reach out and fill in the requests as needed from the Op-Net. It does appear to be linked to a council network, albeit a limited one. Nothing nefarious is listed when searched save for the fact there are regular water treatments done directly by the council to every public water supply on the planet. As far as ingredients, listed publicly and 'tested by an independent human agency' it has only vitamins and various minerals for health. There is not a polluted water supply on the planet and even third world and beyond has access to fresh water supplied by the U.N. and the Council.

There are also reports of medical spending worldwide, it has gone down over the past 25 years by more than half; people are just not as sick as they once were. This has led to less days off work and general overall productivity improvement.

Heller has marked a few nodes as targets. They are parts of the server which contain who-knows-what and that he has not been able to hack into yet. The security seems to be insanely paranoid so it must be something important. Thats what Heller is reasoning anyhow. A passive glance at the system functions will let those of you that are computer savvy at all know that a failure at hacking in will likely sever all connections. Or worse.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:31 am

Doc looked around and said, "We've got no fall back here, there're detectors all over the place, and this is far to public. If we get caught I want a way to run away and leave them wondering what happened."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Doctor Chronos wrote:Doc looked around and said, "We've got no fall back here, there're detectors all over the place, and this is far to public. If we get caught I want a way to run away and leave them wondering what happened."

Armor gives an amiable shrug. "Teleportation device?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:57 am

Lucy didn't really care for the tack of the current subject. She had more prerssing concerns.

"I'd like to get changed before we do anything dramatic. I'm not going to be very effective whilst holding this in place." She indicated the svelte Italian dress with the now broken side zip.

"And you'd best keep me well away from anything computery - they really don't like me." The last statement was certainly true. She had an uncanny knack of hitting exactly the wrong combination of keys to freeze a screen on a good day. On a bad day, machines just tended to die.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:22 am

Armor wrote:Armor gives an amiable shrug. "Teleportation device?"
Doc smiled and said, "We're in Heller's office, he knows who we are, and I doubt he's the only one. We should assume those detectors know we're here too. If this blows up I want to be doing it from somewhere were no one and nothing knows our name."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:46 am

"I don't thank that's very likely" Tigerwasp harrumphed quietly. She then sulkily flopped into Heller's empty chair and propped feet on his desk, crossing her ankles. This position showed off her long legs and the perilous heels of her white thigh boots. The black dress she simply attempted to hold in place by crossing her arms beneath her impressive chest. The tactic failed in that the top was dragged lower, but succeeded in halting any further movement.
Right then, she didn't really care. It all seemed terribly complicated to her. She just wanted to punch a few bad guys. It ddin't help when you didn't know who exactly were the bad guys, even if the Council seemed to be making the strongest case so far. Knowing her luck, there was likely another mystery beneath this one to explain the various dichotomies.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Doctor Chronos wrote:
Armor wrote:Armor gives an amiable shrug. "Teleportation device?"
Doc smiled and said, "We're in Heller's office, he knows who we are, and I doubt he's the only one. We should assume those detectors know we're here too. If this blows up I want to be doing it from somewhere were no one and nothing knows our name."

Armor flips a palm. "I'm quite good at whipping up disguises and cover identities; if we need to lie low, the detectors seem to be our only problem."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Sun May 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Doc replied, "We're four of the most recognizable people on the planet."

Joe thought, Four? Doc is treating me like a non-person again.

Doc continued, "We have all the perks that go with that recognition. Access to the press, people of power, and tens, perhaps hundreds of millions of dollars in assets. I'm all for whipping up disguises and cover identities, and for fixing the detectors, but when we put ourselves on the line I'd like the cover identity at risk and not our real names."

Doc's protest was reasoned but not panicked. On many levels he considered himself an advisor, so ultimately it wasn't his call.
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Mon May 02, 2011 3:40 am

Tigerwasp didn't se herself as one of the 4,000th most powerful people on the planet, let alone the 4th. That didn't mean she was without abilities, it just meant they weren't as reality shaping as the others. In a sense, that worked in her favour: she doubted any opponents would view her as a major threat.

However, the thought of disguises intrigued her. She'd been toying with the idea of wearing something even more outrageous ever since her scant attire had had no impact on the guards at her arrival. Perhaps this was the time to experiment. Still, there were not many with her physique and beauty. She felt the usefulness of such a disguise was limited at best and was certainly not in the business of covering herself up.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue May 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Armor gathers as much detail as he can from the computer to try and hack in from another location; IP address, security subsets, ID algorithms. All to attempt to give the team some more controlled level of security at another location. He ponders that he might even be able to penetrate deeper should he have more time to prepare. Then there would be no telling what information they might find, good or bad. The team then departs to their car and the neighborhood finding a more quiet area with a deli and liquor store on the corner NOT full of hoodlums.

Coming to a stop in the parking lot for refreshments and a possible lunch the five person team finds yet another lull in which to plan out their day. Not having any way to contact their old lives; old cell numbers, email, etc, made them at least temporary captains of their destiny.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Wed May 11, 2011 9:57 am

The choice of destination initially disappointed Lucy. She had wanted to be able to change clothes. Men were so predictable in that regard, she decided. Once they got embroiled in their work, they tended to forget about everything else.
Her disappointment didn't last long as the deli had some excellent food available. Deciding that it was too pleasant an evening to sit in the vehicle, she ate her olive and feta cheese salad propped against the trunk. Eating was a little tricky as her top continued its ceaseless efforts to expose her magnificent form.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Wed May 11, 2011 7:10 pm

Doc eyed Lucy and said almost absentmindedly, "I could contact the office and see if I have any potential clients nearby."

Doc clearly had other things on his mind. Internally he debated, Joe had already asked this question but he might as well...

Doc said, "Lucy? You seem to have more than your share of problems with clothing. I could make you a set of eufiber which would fix all of those issues."

Despite himself Doc found his stare drawn to Lucy's current 'issues'.
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Thu May 12, 2011 11:01 am

"Well, Joe did mention something about that. It sounds terrific in principle, but given my ..erm...unfortunate tendency to screw up anything technology based, I am just a bit concerned about what will happen when it decides to go 'wrong'." The use of the word 'wll' rather than if was indeed indicative of Tigerwasp's propensity to have bad things happen to her.
"Still," She continued with a broad smile. "I doubt that whatever happens would be any worse than the current state of affairs and if nothing else, it will save a great deal on cleaning bills."
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Thu May 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Doc shapeshifted off his shirt so half the mass of the eufiber was in his hands and he still wore the other half. As he worked he said, "Eufiber is basically a shapeshifting plant. If you attune it, then it gains your own immunity to your own powers. Amazingly useful... and the one guy who can create the original stuff was never born here, so I'll have to give you mine. Of course that's not an acceptable solution either so it's time for some editing."

The eufiber separate from Doc was formless and colorless, like grey silly putty. The tendril connecting the glob to what remained of his suit got smaller and smaller.

Doc said, "OK, now grab this ball and just drop it on yourself."

{Assuming TW does so, Doc will drop two points of willpower and as much juice as he needs to heal both sides back up to their original condition.}
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Thu May 12, 2011 7:32 pm

The member 'Doctor Chronos' has done the following action : Die Roll

'2D10' : 8
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Thu May 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Assuming TW takes it, she will have 2 points in Eufibre.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Fri May 13, 2011 6:17 am

Tigerwasp stared enthralled at the delicately pulsing mass of pale grey putty-like material. It seemed as if she would never accept the gift, but at the last possible moment she did as Doctor Chronos had bid and snatched up the offered gift. her delay had unknowingly cost her. Much of the offered material had managed to seep back to rejoin with the core. What remained to bond with her was not of great substance, but sufficient to overcome her current plight.

She slid out of her black dress as a new one formed beneath it. Her new attire was a white, form hugging mini-dress with a hood. She retained her white thigh boots with the side buckles that she'd acquired in Italy. They complemented the top perfectly and Tigerwasp beamed in evident satisfaction. In gratitude she skipped across to Doc and planted a kiss full on his lips. Her movement within the clinging dress was distracting enough without the kiss. The latter left a little lipstick behind as some of her lip gloss had faded.

"Wow, this stuff is amazing!" She cooed. "Thank you, Doc."

Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum