In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
In Other Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 Empty
Latest topics
» Die Rolling, HOW to
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 7:17 am by Narrator

» The City; Game discussion
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Gear
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» vacation
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm by Gavin Harrison

Most active topic starters
Narrator
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_vote_rcap 
Red Samaritan
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 11 I_vote_rcap 
Tigerwasp

Doubts and Discoveries

+3
Galatea
Southern Cross
Narrator
7 posters

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 Empty Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Doctor Chronos Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 am

The shadow of old painful memories pass over Doc's and Joe's face for a moment. They exchange a glance and Joe turned to Tigerwasp and asked, "What looks good?"

Doc said, "When I first... became. War between the baselines and novas seemed certain. It wasn't obvious, but the social trends were clear for those who knew to look. No one hated the other side, no one wanted a war... but we were going to drift into one."

"There was a solution to that one. A way to sidestep the problem without trying to win the war. We need to find out more about the council and see what they think they're doing, and we need to find out a lot more about this paradox."

Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 13/5/15
Demeanor: Paragon
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:53 am

Not following any of the detailed discussion of a history that she had no knowledge of, Tigerwasp had focused on the menu.

"The spezzatino di agnello con pomodori looks good, as does the ceci e taglierini. As this is also known as Thunder and Lightning: saette e tronole, it seems an appropriate choice. I will have the lamb."

She did not explain why it was called Thunder and Lightning, but could not resist the wry smile that quirked her painted lips.

Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 21/5/5
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 am

Joe turned away from the deep thinkers and quipped, "Thunder and Lightning? Does that mean I'll need to insure my tongue?" When the waitress Joe says, "I'll have what she does."

Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 am

"Can we also have a bottle of Frascatti, please." Lucy asked of the waitress. Her Italian was quite up to the task of ordering the whole meal, but she understood sufficient to get by. The wine she'd asked for was a light, effervescent white.

At the risk of sounding a complete bimbo, she enquired as to the future strategy.

"So, what happens now? Why are we in Italy and more importantly, do I have time for some more shopping tomorrow?" The last was said only half jokingly.

Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Doc said, "When I first... became. War between the baselines and novas
seemed certain. It wasn't obvious, but the social trends were clear for
those who knew to look. No one hated the other side, no one wanted a
war... but we were going to drift into one."

"There was a
solution to that one. A way to sidestep the problem without trying to
win the war. We need to find out more about the council and see what
they think they're doing, and we need to find out a lot more about this
paradox."

"It's interesting, the way you put that," adds Armor. "The primary reason I got into this line of work was because public sentiment was turning against super-humans using flashy powers. I'd realized that mankind's negative reaction stemmed from the lack of an inspiring hero straight out of the comic books: a baseline human who fights crime and saves lives by just hitting the gym and the library to hold his own alongside metahumans -- showing that we're far from obsolete, helping ordinary humans as one of their own. In time, I'd hoped my popularity would extend to the metas that mere humans can equal."

He repeats his earlier chuckle. "The opposite never occurred to me: that metas would seek out my help, in hopes of walking among humans as mere equals!"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:49 am

"Life is full of little ironies like that" Southern Cross replied "And speaking of ironies-the humans of this world are so afraid of metas, they haven't wised up to the fact that the world is actually ruled by monsters".

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:01 am

The philosophical and moral subtleties of the conversation were somewaht beyond Tigerwasp.. In truth she had no real motivation to try and maintain concentration on the issues under discussion. Theroetical and strategic planning were not her forte. Once the practical applications of their stances were debated, she could more rewadily participate. In the meantime, she enjoyed her meal.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:31 am

Tigerwasp wrote:"...she enquired as to the future strategy.

"So, what happens now? Why are we in Italy and more importantly, do I have time for some more shopping tomorrow?" The last was said only half jokingly.
Joe replied quietly, "They don't know. We've missed some details but this is rapidly getting heavy... but it sounds like a slow motion disaster type of a thing."

Armor wrote:"It's interesting, the way you put that," adds Armor. "The primary reason I got into this line of work was because public sentiment was turning against super-humans using flashy powers. I'd realized that mankind's negative reaction stemmed from the lack of an inspiring hero straight out of the comic books: a baseline human who fights crime and saves lives by just hitting the gym and the library to hold his own alongside metahumans -- showing that we're far from obsolete, helping ordinary humans as one of their own. In time, I'd hoped my popularity would extend to the metas that mere humans can equal."

He repeats his earlier chuckle. "The opposite never occurred to me: that metas would seek out my help, in hopes of walking among humans as mere equals!"
Chronos replied, "Interesting perspective..."

{OOC: Doc q-scans Armor to check if he's unknowingly a meta}
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:52 am

Joe replied quietly, "They don't know. We've missed some details but this is rapidly getting heavy... but it sounds like a slow motion disaster type of a thing."

"You think?" Tigerwasp responds rather sarcastically.
"As for the slow motion thing, I have no idea what that is. Still if it's all so slow, there'll be plenty more time for shopping." She adds with a broad and mischievous grin.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:31 pm

"And speaking of ironies-the humans of this world are so afraid of
metas, they haven't wised up to the fact that the world is actually
ruled by monsters"

"Speaking of metas," says Armor, "there must be a great many of them in this underground, Truth; who else can offer superhuman assistance on this? The right resources could make all the difference."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Truth hesitates only a moment and a sense of guilt passes her face.
"There are many in this underground, but unfortunately many do not last long. The council tracks most of the lower powered and aggressive ones. They then disappear, assumed dead. No organized unit exist and most if not all are reluctant to group up. I am sure you understand why."

"You though, all you were not born of this earth and thus your energies are not in Gaias memory. None of you can be tracked indefinately and hunted. You would be the only true organization. You could, I mean we should be able to enlist help from time to time of others on the run."
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:20 am

Lucy excuses herself after the main course. A visit to the powder room was urgently cslled for; she desperately wanted to check her make-up and hair. Once in front of the mirror, she felt much calmly. The application of more lip gloss and mascara made her feel even better. Having checked and preened her hair and applied a little more scent she headed back to the table. However, just as she was exiting the room she collided with a waitress who was busy scolding her lazy colleague and hadn't noticed the door in motion. Carbonara sauce spilled onto Lucy's new skirt. It would have hit her top as well, but her quick reactions saved it.

The waitress was extremely apologetic and insisted Lucy come to the kitchen where they could get the worst of the stain out. Not having sufficient linguistic skills to argue, she followed. The intial remedies got the worst of the mark out and although the waitress wanted to work further on it, Lucy was not that concerned. This sort of thing tended to happen to her - a lot.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:52 am

NARRATIVE UPDATE
March 25, 2010 - 1120
Carpino, Italy

Participants: Armor,Southern Cross, Doctor Chronos, Tigerwasp.

Crumble was not oblivious to the Carbonara sauce incident nor was he ignorant to the fact that of a sudden turn of events. At the higher end of his audible hearing range he heard some sort of high pitch mechanical whining. He was not totally aware of it but with a slight drop of the general clamor of the restaurant; most had to look at the poor waitress or at least look for the broken dishes; he became aware that it was going on for the past several minutes. It seemed to start as Lucy headed went to the restroom.

Now there was a pair of men at the maitre d'. They seem to be asking of his some questions of the current customers. As the clamor of plates falls, one of the men dressed in motorcycle leathers begins to walk around the room making no illusions he is examining the occupants. The second man is still questioning people.

Crumble and Tigerwasp are currently involved in this one.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Lucy returned from the kitchen with a rueful smile on her face. She held the damp skirt out for Joe's inspection.
"This always happens to me. Now you know why I like latex so much."
At last noticing the two burly leather clad men, she raisied a perfectly shaped eyebrow slightly.
"Now it might be me, but I don't think they've got the dress code right for this place. Well, I hope you don't mind if we don'y have dessert, I haven't much of a sweet tooth and it isn't much fun sitting in a damp skirt?" She added.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Joe looked at Lucy's dress, the figure it held, and said with a smile, "It's hard to avoid thinking of wet teeshirts, but you still look great."

He nodded to the two men and said, "Looks like they're looking for someone. Doubt it's us..." Crumble looked at Truth and said, "...oh. Crap."

Crumble looked back at Lucy and said seriously, "How distracting can you be?"
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:50 am

The stunning blonde simply smiled,
"How distracting do you want?"
With a wink she backed up a few steps and turned in the direction of the 2 leather clad men. As she got closer, she drew her shoulders back, let her hair loose and then ripped her skirt off with a loud complaint.
"I cannot sit in this! Look it's ruined. I am going to get changed."

If her voice was not sufficient to garner the entire attention of the restaurant, her divine form certainly was. She stood momentarily in a fake huff in the middle of the restaurant, her pert ass fully displayed to the two men as she wore only the briefest of thongs. Her stiletto heeled boots accentuated the length of her lithe legs. She then turned suddenly back to face the men.

"Oops." She said as if suddenly realising what she'd done. She clutched the remnants of her skirt in front of her and sidled between the 2 large men with a sheepish grin.
"Scusi, ce ne andiamo."

She then pirouetted between them as she made her way to the door. Ostensibly the circle was a vain attempt to protect her none existent modesty, but in fact succeeded only in showing off her stunning form to its very best.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:54 am

Across the room, the rest of the team are now aware of the unfortunate events.
"Stay here at the table. Please. I won't be able to cover you once your noticed." Truth speaks calmly.

Lucy is certainly gaining more attention than she had when she entered, which was hard to do. Some patrons gasp while others are smacked by their significant others. The pair of men are not as taken as the rest but are absolutely stirred.
The striking woman walks between the men and one of them reaches out to touch the supple skin of Lucy's butt. He stops inches away as the other noticed him. Once Lucy is at the door, their stance changes to one more serious.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:28 pm

The fact that Lucy couldn't hold their attention for any longer hurt her pride a little, but Joe hadn't stipulated how long he needed the distraction to last. Flashing lights just outside the glass fronted restaurant caught her eye. It was a police car. Exactly what she didn't need when standing half naked in the doorway. It seemed her ill-luck was ever unchanging.

Heads swivelled back and forth wondering what would happen next.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:29 pm

While everyone was looking at the gorgeous half naked woman, time Halted. For the entire universe.

Light dimmed and shifted red. Shadows appeared and colors shifted. A bird flying past the window halted in mid-flap. The effect extended over everything, everywhere, with the only exceptions being Lucy and the people sitting at Doc's table.

When Doc wanted to slow things down he didn't fool around. Doc raised an eyebrow at Joe, inviting comment.

Joe said loudly to Lucy and everyone else he said, "TigerWasp? You might as well join us, the universe effectively ends in every direction except for a path back to us. Time is at a right angle for us and us only. Even air is invulnerable so we can only breath what little we brought."

To Truth he said, "Those two guys are looking for you?"
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:50 am

Not comprehending everything that Joe had said, but getting the basics that back to them was good, elsewhere was bad, Tigerwasp quickly rejoined the rest of the group.

"That's a neat trick. Of course, I could have done that too if I'd wanted." She teased.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:34 am

"So you have time manipulation powers as well?" Southern Cross replied "I think we'd better get ready for a fight."

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:00 pm

"Not really much danger of that. I can't even be on time let alone manipulate it." Tigerwasp explained her earlier attempt at humour. Secretly she was quite pleased that he'd even momentarily actually believed her capable of being so powerful.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Armor shrugs. "Fight or flight, what's our goal?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:08 pm

Doc and Joe sat and waited for Truth to reply.
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:40 am

Lucy considered improvising a skirt out of the tablecloth, but considered that ill advised as Truth and chronos were still sat there.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Truth is certainly impressed at the display of power, but the look of astonishment passes as quickly as it came.
"How long can you maintain this, or rather, can we leave this area without disrupting the temporal pattern and thus loose the regular flow again?"
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Chronos replied, "I can hold this past us running out of air and disruption isn't an issue. We're between ticks of the clock, nothing out there can affect us, but that works both ways."

Doc added dryly, "Mostly I've used this for holding unobservable business meetings. Leaving is harder but do-able. We walk out the open door Tigerwasp used, then I try to set up another field letting us walk away. Poof. From their standpoint we disappear. TW teleported and the rest of us got up and left during the confusion."

Chronos unhurriedly took a sip of water then got out his wallet and took out some money and put it on the table. He added, "But speaking of business meeting, we have the time and we're not being observed. Who are those guys and why should we care if they catch us here?"
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:40 am

Lucy hoped that the woman would use less technical terms. She still wasn;t sure if the authorities were the bad guys here or not. It was always preferable to fight unequivocal evil. Dealing in shades of moral grey was always challenging for her. She'd let a thief go before, convinced of his absolute need for the money and its use.
(It was actually to pay for vetinaraian bils for his cats - she has a real soft spot for cats and kittens)
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:48 am

Truth Stands from her chair and looks over at TW and then the frozen pair of men.
"To me it is unmistakable that those men are shifters, shape changers of the Garou or 'wolf' council. Their aura tells me that and is likely something you all cannot see. This is the biggest reason I wanted you all independent of my bias to investigate them yourselves and see the facts firsthand. "

She pulls from a cache on her hip a sleek chrome plated pistol, ejects the ammo clip, eyeballs the rounds held within and reloads and readies the weapon in a quick fluid motion of just over 3 seconds.

"If it were my call and my actions were without consequence, I would end that pair of lives this moment. I truly do want to see for my self that the bullet wont hurt them."

Truth stashes her weapon again.
"They are sentries Chronos. They arrive when a mechanical alarm is triggered sensing a meta or when someone alerts them as the suspected presence of one. Their job is to investigate and ensure registration or apprehend should cooperation not be found."
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Narrator wrote:"They are sentries Chronos. They arrive when a mechanical alarm is triggered sensing a meta or when someone alerts them as the suspected presence of one. Their job is to investigate and ensure registration or apprehend should cooperation not be found."

Armor leans in. "Two questions -- one apiece, I suppose. First," he says, to Truth, "where's the nearest alarm? As Cross suggested, their methods of detection might be the key to any long-term strategy." He turns to Doc. "And, in the short-term, I've got a teleportation device ready to pop us out of here if you think it'll help; figure you've got time down just fine, I can maybe help with space?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum