In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
In Other Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Empty
Latest topics
» Die Rolling, HOW to
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 7:17 am by Narrator

» The City; Game discussion
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Gear
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» vacation
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm by Gavin Harrison

Most active topic starters
Narrator
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Red Samaritan
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Tigerwasp

Doubts and Discoveries

+3
Galatea
Southern Cross
Narrator
7 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Empty Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Armor Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Armor looks to Southern Cross. "You push, I'll steer."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:20 am

Southern Cross looks back at Armor. "At last!" he replies and waits for the rest of the team to get into the canopy.

{{He then activates his Force Field and Power Reserve, increasing his STR and Flight by 5 points each. He then activates his Flight,taking off straight up (or as near as he can manage). Once above the forest,he will take directions from Armor.}}

Last edited by Narrator on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited format)

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Samaritan Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:39 am

The Red Samaritan reluctantly grabs a disguise. He changes behind the canopy. He then comes out wearing street clothes Sunglasses and a goatee. "I'm Geoff Morrison, lets go."

Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/5/6
Demeanor: please fill out sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (15/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Armor points the way...

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Narrative Update
March 24, 2010 - 0715
Unknown wilderness and beyond
Participants: Armor, Galatea, Red Samaritan, and Southern Cross

The team rises above the tree line rather quickly, flying along at a cool 70-100 mph at first to get bearings and make sure everyone is secure in the canopy under the projected force field. Southern Cross looks in his element as he lifts off with the others in tow. A minute or so while flying a relatively low altitude and being guided roughly by Armor, the team settles down for what could be a short trip, “If I really lay it on,” says Cross. “I can have us there in under a minute.” It’s probably wise not to come streaking into a place none of you are familiar with however, so subtlety is the rule of the hour.

The landscape below and around the forest looks like anything else you might see in upstate Metropolis or perhaps even near Edge City. The trees and foliage are incredibly lush and radiant, beaming with health. The plane Galatea heard a few moments ago is ahead of you and landing on its own power at some large airport beyond line of sight in the city, assuming the team coming in low. Taking some time to look around, it does appear that a coastline is at the edge of the horizon to the teams west and a mountain range is east. Either of the destination are moments away at near top speed for Southern Cross.

Cross plays with the speed a little to make a quick trip without leaving too much of a turbulence pattern to track, making the trip to a bluff outside the city for a good vantage point. A large highway goes from west to east with a branch heading to the north-west and south. It is fifty percent full with traffic this early morning. Like any city you have all seen in your life, this one is no exception; steam vents from rooftops spilling vapor into the early morning, paper vendors hawking the latest scoops, occasional litter here and there, and the noise and smells of city life are below you. A sign on the nearby interstate read can be seen in the distance: NOW ENTERING SPOKANE. Nothing stands out as out-of-norm save for the surprising lack of litter and general refuse on the streets.

Please post intent and FYI..please change your usernames to your character names. Ask me if you have any problems

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:38 pm

Armor is somewhat nonplussed. "For what it's worth, I own a place on the West Coast," he says, looking over at the news vendor, "but first things first; let's see what's in the paper."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:47 am

Southern Cross then walks over to the newsstand and takes a look at the headlines. He then looks in his pockets, to see if he has any money for the paper.

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:41 am

After approaching a small series of buildings nearest the ‘landing-area’ the team finds themselves trying to gather their wits. There are few people walking the streets in this small suburb outside Seattle where the streets are becoming more and more filled with traffic and traffic lights are more and more frequent. Traffic is quiet with the occasional exception of a horn or squealing tires. It’s just a normal day in Spokane.

Approaching the newsstand, the headlines can be seen..
::NOW THEY WANT TO TAX OUR AIR!!::
ON the cover of Time a picture of some bald guy resembling Lex Luthor and a black haired beauty of a woman.. ::ANGELA MONIER. THE NEW DYNAMO?::
And finally, on another reputable source, ::CAN THE WORLD SURVIVE A HERO AS PRESIDENT. JUST HOW GOOD A JOB IS TOO GOOD?::

{{If you would normally have a wallet and cash, you still have it now. }}
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Galatea Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:05 am

Galatea isn't exactly enjoying being hunched over as part of her disguise, but she supposes it's a small sacrifice. She watches cars going by s the other check the paper. After a few moments she realizes none of the vehicles are sounding gas-driven.

"Gentlemen, all these cars are electric. Did the US give up on its love affair with the oil industry when I wasn't looking?"
Galatea
Galatea

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 9/5/6
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (15/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:45 am

" We could be in an alternative reality where electric cars are the only vehicles." Southern Cross replies (Glad he doesn't have to peer up at Galatea,as she's hunched over.) " But in any case, they've either developed a practical car battery or every car here is operating on Tesla-style beamed power".

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Southern Cross wrote:" We could be in an alternative reality where electric cars are the only vehicles." Southern Cross replies (Glad he doesn't have to peer up at Galatea,as she's hunched over.) " But in any case, they've either developed a practical car battery or every car here is operating on Tesla-style beamed power".

Armor nods. "Alternate reality is my guess as well," he says quietly, reviewing the headlines; "right down to a different President. Plenty of names are the same, though; I wonder if we have duplicates here?" He walks back over to the news vendor. "Sorry to trouble you; where's the nearest library?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:36 pm

The News vendor looks at Armor a little sideways.
"You can find one over on Central, just across from Petes Roast Java."

The directions given will take about 10 minutes of NORMAL walking.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Armor ambles back over to the group, still trying to make sense of the situation...

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:20 pm

The member 'Armor' has done the following action : Die Roll

'D10' : 5, 7
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:26 pm

"I think we're going to need a trifle more information," says Armor; "if nothing else, about us. Anyone have a better idea than the library? Especially given that our bank accounts here might be nonexistent?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:35 pm

"And even if they do exist here we might not be able to access them," Southern Cross replies. "Other-dimensional versions of you are bound to have at least tiny differences from yourself, due to different life experiences. To say nothing of the fact that we'd be taking their money, likely without permission".

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:23 am

Armor nods, leaning in to quietly confer with him and the rest. "Even working in the dark, let's all get on the same page: no car; possibly no money; no IDs and possibly nothing in a database -- if the local authorities ask, what should we say about our point of origin and whether we live in Washington?"

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Southern Cross replies " I think that we should stick to the truth as much as possible- which means that we should tell the authorities that we were all dumped outside the city without ID and we got a lift into the city."

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Samaritan Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:52 pm

The Red Samaritan pipes up, “You guys sure do know a lot about this alternate reality stuff." "Going to a library will probably tell us the most about this world. From the way a library is set up, it will tell us the about the core values of this reality and how it differs from ours. I have super speed; I am going to scout it out and report back."

OCC: Use super speed to find a library and report back.
Red Samaritan
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:05 pm

Narrative Update
March 24, 2010 - 0730
Unknown wilderness and beyond

Participants: Armor, Galatea, Red Samaritan, and Southern Cross

Red Samaritan dashes off following the directions carefully. His accelerated senses allow him to take in the scenery as he speeds along. Not pushing himself too much in order to have more time to take in the details, there are only occasional wind disturbances kicking dust and debris up. The 1.3 mile trip at full tilt would take him less than 10 seconds; he allows 15 for this trip.

The Library is a rather large stone structure, the only stone structure on the street. The other architecture is prefab and much newer standing next to the apparently old house of books. Not much for things of interest between the team and the library either; a drug store, liquor barn, a few hotels and office buildings, all the usual suspects. Hanging out in front of the Library and looking around a moment however, Red feels drawn toward looking at a pair of men. Dressed in casual clothes; jeans and a pullover long sleeve shirt and a light jacket, they are far from menacing or official looking.

The men are about a block down the street on the not-so-crowded sidewalk and they were walking the opposite direction of RS. They turned around and walked several yards in Red Samaritans directions. When he looks their way they are coming to a stop on the curb. One of them is looking up and down the street and the other is looking, almost glaring at the hero. Neither of them appear hostile as much as they look disappointed.

"You there. Stay where you are, we need to talk to you!"
The one staring at Red yells from a couple hundred yards. For a short moment, Red Samaritan begins to feel more than compelled to just comply and stand there but his mind clears in time to see the men begin running across the street diagonally toward him. They do not seem they are running at him in a panic, more of a quick jog.

{{If Red is simply going to run back to the group, he can without a hitch; he is much faster than the men and there is no attacks being made. If Red plans an attack, I need a couple rolls from him.}}
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Samaritan Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:58 pm

occ: Red plans to talk

The Red Samaritan in his disguise says, "Yes can I help you?" He then quickly looks around to make sure he is not being surrounded by the men.

ooc: If they take any hostile move towards Red, he plans to blast both of them with flame projection. Hostile move would be taking out a weapon, or using some type of visible power to attack.
Red Samaritan
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:21 pm

It takes the men about 20-30 seconds to make the jog in the little bit of pedestrian traffic even though many people get out of their way as they pass. The two men are well built athletically muscled humans. They are both wearing a brown leather coat and jeans but that's where the similarities end. Both of them are tall but one is clearly well over 6-foot and wears his black hair in pony-tail where the other is wearing a clean crew-cut akin to most military styles.

Upon getting close enough to talk, crew-cut says: "We got a description of someone in this area that matches what you look like. If you will, we would like to see your ID and your registration number."
Pony-tail looks over RS a moment as crew-cut speaks.
"Unless of course you know the name of the tribal elder in these parts."

{{OOC-- Red is not being manipulated in any manner but does feel slightly intimidated simply at the presence of this pair.}}
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Samaritan Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Red Samaritan says, “Why would you want to talk to me?" Then the Red Samaritan slowly waves his fingers in front of his face and the makes his best Sir Alec Guinness impersonation, “You don't need to see my identification." He then uses all of his superspeed and high tails it back to the group, while screaming "Geronimo"
Red Samaritan
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:16 pm

Red Samaritan wrote: He then uses all of his superspeed and high tails it back to the group, while screaming "Geronimo"
Next time be sure to state your actions as INTENT. If this happened to be a contested action or if initiative were needed, we would need to resolve that first. In this case, it does not matter much. This time. Wink

RS arrives back at the group in less than a minute after he departed.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Southern Cross asks Red Samaritan " Did you run into some trouble?"

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Assume Red Samaritan has in brief, told you all what he witnessed in the posts...Lets move on.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Samaritan Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:51 pm

The Red Samaritan suggests to the group that we meet up with the two guys. They may be able to answer some of the questions we may have. I would feel much safer with Galatea there.
Red Samaritan
Red Samaritan
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:53 am

Southern Cross replies 'Good idea, but it might be a good idea if two of us hide while the other two greet them. Since you ran away from them, they're probably angry at you."

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Southern Cross wrote:Southern Cross replies 'Good idea, but it might be a good idea if two of us hide while the other two greet them. Since you ran away from them, they're probably angry at you."

Armor grins. "If we split up, I figure one flier per group is the way to go for maneuverability -- and since my background is in psychology, I don't mind sticking with Samaritan for a fast-talk meet-and-greet while you and Galatea can zip away from a safe distance if you're right."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Southern Cross replies to Armor "Good point about dividing our forces. While we have no evidence these guys are a threat, it can't hurt to be careful. Galatea and Red Samaritan, what do you two think?"

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum