In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

In Other Worlds
Please Log in to reveal all the posts. Membership has it's privelages.
In Other Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 Empty
Latest topics
» Die Rolling, HOW to
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 7:17 am by Narrator

» The City; Game discussion
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am by Narrator

» House Rathien and the Paramandic Oath
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm by Narrator

» Divine Code
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm by Narrator

» Happiness
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm by Narrator

» Freedom at Last
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am by Narrator

» Gear
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:44 am by Narrator

» Role Call
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm by Elridge Cleaver

» vacation
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm by Gavin Harrison

Most active topic starters
Narrator
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_vote_rcap 
Red Samaritan
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_vote_lcapDoubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_voting_barDoubts and Discoveries - Page 14 I_vote_rcap 
Tigerwasp

Doubts and Discoveries

+3
Galatea
Southern Cross
Narrator
7 posters

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 Empty Re: Doubts and Discoveries

Post by Narrator Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:31 am

The member 'Southern Cross' has done the following action : Die Roll

'2D10' : 2

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 0
Demeanor:
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:33 pm

Joe gestured open handedly towards the creature, as if it were close enough to touch. (PM to ST).

Chronos glanced at Southern Cross and focused on speeding up the flow of time around him.

{Joe Init, Joe Action, Chronos Init/Action(Temporal Acceleration)}

Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 13/5/15
Demeanor: Paragon
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0/0Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:33 pm

The member 'Doctor Chronos' has done the following action : Die Roll

'2D10' : 8, 2, 3, 6

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Meanwhille...

"Well ma'am, may I call you Lucy?" After her response he continues with a smile; "My name is Heller. I really don't want to drag this on any longer than necessarily but we do not want to repeat ourselves either."
He sighs and looks at his watch.
"Pardon me, I will be right back."

Heller steps out of the room leaving the door open unknowingly allowing Lucy to listen in. There are some sounds of distress in the hall, a door slams nearby someone runs past the door.

"Agent Conner is not responding and the garage monitors are all down. Local law picked up a disturbance somehow and are enroute."
"Get on the radio and keep them away from here at all costs. Tell them their are possible contagions in the area that we need to clean up first and that no one has been infected yet." Hellers voice is calm and controlled. The whispers of the conversation were low and subtle and Lucy barely made them out.

Heller leans his head in the room to Lucy. "I advise you to go to your room as soon as you are able, please dont go outside right now. We fear you may be in danger."
At that, he withdraws into the hallway beyond Lucy's view.

Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:43 am

Hoping the creature's brain isn't as formidable as its brawn, Armor quick-draws an omni-gadget for use in a Mind Blast.

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 4/8+/9
Demeanor: Optomist
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:43 am

The member 'Armor' has done the following action : Die Roll

'2D10' : 9
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Southern Cross continues to attack the Garou.

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 3/6/6
Demeanor: Honest Abe
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:43 pm

The member 'Southern Cross' has done the following action : Die Roll

'2D10' : 4
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:53 pm

Combat resolution
Phase 2

Joe raises his hand from nearly 20 feet away and the creature lets out a shrill howl; A large spot on his chest seems to wither and dry, nearly crackling away. The beast staggers but is still able to shake its head and tear the car door off its hinges.
It then readies the car door and slices it sideways through the air at Southern Crosses side. Cross prepares himself for a blow that he realizes will be coming too fast for him to react to. But as the man prepares and nearly grimaces with the expected impact, the motion of the beast and everyone around him seem to jump back into near slow motion. At the last moment, Cross evades the staggering blow and steps in close enough to land a shaking series of strikes to its chest head and upper abdomen. By the time the first series of Crosses strikes is done, the creature has been knocked back and over the now destroyed sedan. The now slowing Garou begins to stand up and ready itself for another assault, this time with note on Joe, but Cross finishes up leaping over the vehicle and stomps the creature into senselessness.

Armor has his attack ready but seeing the giant wolf begin to shrink away into its true form, decides on readying his action and keeping alert on the now barely breathing large wolf lying crumpled on the ground. Some might have expected to see a man on the ground where the wolf now is. It is alive, barely, for now.

The last scream of the garou was heard by all in the hotel and there are now three officers and 2 suits entering the garage from the hotel.

Discoveries: The Garou fought here was fast and seemingly stronger(physically) than anyone one the team. Fortunately that strength was not equally matched by its toughness although it does possess levels of regeneration. If not for amplified speed/initiative, the beast would have likely out maneuvered the team.

Lucy and team are considered to be in the same "area" now and can interact.

A 'better' dressed man out of the two suits approaches and looks over the wreckage and the fallen wolf. He then turn his head to Armor (who appears the most collected of the bunch);
"We need to talk."
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:20 pm

Narrator wrote:A 'better' dressed man out of the two suits approaches and looks over the wreckage and the fallen wolf. He then turn his head to Armor (who appears the most collected of the bunch);
"We need to talk."

Armor shrugs. "We're all on the same side."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue30/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Doc said quietly to Joe, "That was a surprise. A little brutal were we?"

Joe answered, "It worked better than I'd thought... we're not banned any more. We should have thought of that interaction before."

Joe spotted Lucy and headed over to check up on her. He asked, "Are you ok?" Did it come after you before us?

Doc headed over to check on his teammates wounds(?).
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:56 am

Lucy smiled innocently at Joe. It still managed to look terribly alluring. In her usual soft somewhat whispery voice she confirmed that nothing had come her save the authorities. She identified Keller as seemingly in charge.

"Why is it, I am never in my costume when there's trouble?" she mused quietly. "He did tell me to go to my room; so I can easily get up there and change." She added speculatively. She saw that no-one was badly hurt, save the Garou. The acrnage around it gave her pause for thought: she had no idea whether her own sting would have hurt it at all and she was not currently in a position to test its parameters.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
App/Cha/Manip: 21/5/5
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:47 pm

NARRATIVE UPDATE
March 25, 2010 - 0930
Carpino, Italy

Participants: Armor,Southern Cross, Doctor Chronos, Tigerwasp.

Mr. Well-dressed extends his hand to Armor and Cross in turn.
"Heller. I am here investigating some recent events. We were awaiting your arrival to try and fill in some of the blanks we had but it appears many of them have answered themselves."
He glances over at the wolf on the ground and signals one of the officers and another man in a suit to go over to it.

"You are all free to go, but if you ever think of anything that may have caused this attack here, call me." He hands Armor a business card that reads
::Heller Investigations and Security::
His number is printed on the card as well as an OpNet address.

"By the way, I loved the interview you did in Rolling Stone last month." Heller grins at Armor as he hands him his card.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:12 am

Armor responds warmly. "Glad we could help; anything else you can tell us? Pooling what information we can might fill in more blanks, even if you need to hold back an item or two."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:34 am

"No offense intended, but I cant divulge much more than what you already know. 90% of the worlds populace have never seen what you have seen tonite. Keep your cards close to your chest and get out of here before the redaction teams show up. As far as I am concerned, you have done me a big favor."

Heller quickly answers an officers question about the dead suit; "Place his body in the van and remove identifications."

Then back to armor as he is getting quite busy. "By the way, you were never in the garage," as he points over to the security cameras.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:31 pm

"I think we should leave too" Southern Cross replied" I ,for one,don't want to have my mind messed with".

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:
Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue25/500Doubts and Discoveries - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (25/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:06 am

Armor nods briskly. "Couldn't agree more."

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:29 am

Doc says, "Thank you and good day."

To the others he said, "Let's go, it doesn't matter where. We don't want to be here."

Doc motioned to Joe that it was time to leave.

Joe said to Lucy, "Rather than the hotel, let's go shopping for clothes."
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:46 am

"Oh, now why didn't I think of that?" Lucy responded delightedly. It was evident that she had far too few items and Doc Chronos had far too much money. She would do her best to redress that balance.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:42 pm

I will allow artistic freedom in posting till Monday nite when I will insert a Narrative update.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:19 am

Narrator wrote:I will allow artistic freedom in posting till Monday nite when I will insert a Narrative update.

{OOC: While I'm as interested as the next guy in making our exit, I wouldn't mind a speedy Clue Analysis check of the area so long as it doesn't make me lag behind the group.}

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:03 am

Armor wrote:
Narrator wrote:I will allow artistic freedom in posting till Monday nite when I will insert a Narrative update.

{OOC: While I'm as interested as the next guy in making our exit, I wouldn't mind a speedy Clue Analysis check of the area so long as it doesn't make me lag behind the group.}

PM Being sent to you.
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Joe winked at Lucy and teased gently, "Maybe you like dressing like this?"

She made her ripped clothes look like she should be on the cover of a style magazine, 'gorgeous-half-naked-babe-buy-this-book'.
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Lucy smiled sweetly at Joe.
"You're still thinking of the other outfut. This is my 'respectable' look." The tiny miniskirt and ankles boots showed a lot of luscious leg. As she'd missed the fracas with the wolfman, she managed to mai9ntain her attire, for once. However, she was rapidly running out of clothes and was indeed most keen to puruse the quality Italian outlets before they were whisked away back to America or wherever it was deemed necessary for them to be.

"As we are likely to be moving on soon, I think I should try some dance - performance shops first. I fancy finding something a lot less 'respectable'. She added her grin becoming decidedly more mischievous.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Chronos Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:19 am

Respectable? That wasn't the word Joe would have used, but he nodded in agreement saying, "My bad. I'll need to talk shop with Doc for a few minutes alone before we shop, or maybe while."

During the fight Joe had a 'hey-this-should-work' moment which had worked too well. This would trump even his looking forward to seeing what Lucy considered less than respectable.
Doctor Chronos
Doctor Chronos
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrator Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:20 am

NARRATIVE UPDATE
March 25, 2010 - 1530
Carpino, Italy

Participants: Armor,Southern Cross, Doctor Chronos, Tigerwasp.

The team spends the morning and part of the early afternoon running the tourist track. Joe and Lucy wander the shops in which Joe ends up flipping the bill after the first shop; Something about Lucy's account not being open or some such. Her mere name probably caused the charge center computer to short out. The good doctor, Armor and Cross find themselves in a winery tour encompassing drives up to a half hour out of town. This all lends itself to giving the team a good feel for the people. Carefully led conversations by the team leads to the general feeling that the people are in fear of the Council, very much like anyone might fear the authorities in a police state, but in general they are grateful because many atrocities have been averted due to their interference. No one however ever mentions anything about ever seeing a raging garou like the team witnessed in the garage this morning; a handy gadget produced by Armor confirms this.

Before the team split this morning, a rendezvous was planned for this late afternoon at the hotel. Entry back into the hotel is as norm, with the exception that elevator one is still out of commission. Men are currently working on it; apparently one of the hydraulic pumps that power the lifts blew up somehow this morning. No one was hurt but many were scared from the loud noise it created. At least that the story everyone now purports. There is no mention of men in suits and officers swarming the place earlier.

The entire team is now gathered in one of their rooms, food and drinks at the hand, discussing the events and discoveries of the day.

24 hours, or so, until the next update..
Narrator
Narrator
Conductor

Character sheet
Demeanor:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:16 am

Lucy's selection of 'less respectable' attire is as compelling as it is outrageous. She sat comfortably in the low leather seat with her legs crossed. Most of her shapely legs were now encased in very tall, white thigh boots. The boots naturally had to have ludicrously high heels. They also had a plethora of straps running up the outer length of each. Above them, she wore a tiny pair of shiny black hot pants. They appeared to have been sprayed onto her. her top was a black mesh affair that concealed nothing. She also sported a studded white collar to match ehr boots.

"The shopping was delightful. Many thanks. I can't say that i discovered a great deal. This is all still very new to me, but I'm sure there must be better ways to do things than those the Council seem to prefer. Oh and nothing on the big, bad doggie." She concluded with a sip of her chilled, effervescent, white wine.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Armor Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:26 am

Armor chuckles appreciatively. "Spent a little money in town myself, but nothing so exciting as your apparel; couldn't think of anything I really needed." He's relaxed and low-key as ever.

{OOC: later that afternoon, the news will give an especially friendly report on his eight-figure donation to the cash-strapped local school -- on top of the seven-figure scholarship program he added for kids looking to save lives as first responders. Our top story: celebrity superhero takes break from fighting crime, foils budget shortfall! Says he's "helping people help each other". He'll reply to any teammate who asks him about it.}

Armor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerwasp Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:38 am

"I know you didn't do that for the accolades or prestige." Commented Lucy. "Which makes it all the more heroic. I'd like to think that I could be so philanthropic were I in your shoes. Oh speaking of shoes: do you like these? I think they're wonderful. I like to think that I am being rather philanthropic too. Dressed like this, I hope to make a few people's day." She laughed self deprecatingly, but evidently enjoyed the attention as much as those who looked upon her.
Tigerwasp
Tigerwasp
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Cross Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:24 am

"It's the sort of thing the Golden Age Superman would've done." Southern Cross replied.

Southern Cross
Agent
Agent

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum